After having a good sleep, I started working on the aluminium extrusions. From the wiki, I need 9 x 240mm and 3 x 600mm for the frame. I thought through the process of getting them to equal length. Once I decided on the approach, I went to work.
I just love this machine; it cuts through aluminium like butter without much of a mess. The Proxxon chop saw I have is too messy and noisy to be of use in my humble flat.
The iGaging DROs are of great help here. Considerable care was taken for the first set. Once the reference point can be established with the DRO, the rest were easy - merely cutting to zero.
The pattern formed by the extrusions looks nice...
He will also be bringing over a short section of delrin rod. I'll be making the wheels for the carriage to ride between the slots of the extrusions. 2 x flange bearings will be press in to the wheels. There are a total of 15 wheels to make: 3 sets of 3 for the 3 carriages and 3 sets of 2 for the idlers where the belts will ride on.
From the sketch he drew, this should be a simple lathe job. Looking forward to start working on it.
Back to my day job tomorrow. Hope to have some time next few days to do some work in the shop.
Be Greatly Blessed!